Thursday, June 13, 2013

A journey, not a destination

I posted yesterday that there are ups and downs, and the past couple of days have been a definite down. 

Jason came home from work, and for a while we didn't talk. He didn't kiss me when he came home. I could hardly look at him. 

We were distant. I could feel the tension. It was awful. 

We were going to have our talk. I didn't know if DD would be over for us, but I was hopeful we could work through this. I had resigned myself to the fact that whatever happened, we loved each other, and we would weather this no matter what.

Finally, after about an hour, he smiled at me. He gestured for me to come over to him. I fairly flew into his arms. 





We talked. I said all I had to say. He said all he had to say. 

All is not over. We are not throwing in the towel. 

We have issues to work on...but we will work on those issues together. 

I ended up over his knee by the end of the night, and I've never been more relieved to hear the words, "You're getting a spanking."

Is everything perfect? Not by a long shot. There was anger. There was hurt. There were tears. 

But by the end of the night, I was in his arms and he was holding me. 



We have a long way to go. And maybe we will never "arrive." Maybe it's all about the journey. 

Some days I feel like we take two steps forward and one step back, but at least we take those steps together. 




8 comments:

  1. It is definitely all about the journey, after all it is life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason's Girl
    I am so happy to have found your blog, I wonder why I've not read it before. I can't wait to go through it.
    I'm not sure we ever really arrive, the journey is it, the path just goes on I think.
    Janey

    ReplyDelete
  3. So relieved to read this Cammie. Yes, it is a journey indeed. Thank you for sharing your experience in this way and so honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overjoyed to read this post. In the end, it boils down to you and Jason, no matter what tools you use to mend the breaks. I'm starting to see that it's dd that comes from love, not love that comes from dd. Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job that the two of you were able to talk it through, realize some of the problems and are willing to solve them together. It is so amazing to se "WE" work it out instead of me and building up walls

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to have read this!!!!! We all have ups and down some of us more than others. But I know we will get through and weather the storm regardless, because of the love we have for one another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you and was so worried. I almost emailed you to see how you were but didn't want to intrude. And you are correct; it is the search that is most important, not the finding. It is clear to anyone who reads your blog how much you and Jason love each other and where there is love, anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the support and encouragement! Yes, what is important is that Jason and I will work on these things together. It's not possible to avoid conflict ... It hurts... But there is always something to be learned. I am so thankful for the support and friendship of all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.

Dissenting comments are welcome but please, be polite. Any rude or slanderous comments will not be published.