Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I Love My DD Choice

MrBBSpanker from A Domestic Discipline Society is calling all DD bloggers to stand together, in the face of criticism, to stand up and be counted. You may have read my refutation of the "Spanking for Jesus" article that went viral a few weeks ago. Click on the little button below to read MrBB's response.



I've made friends in the community, and have come to love and appreciate the support and encouragement of like-minded people. The DD community is composed of intelligent, witty, kind people I am pleased to call friends. I love my DD life and I love the DD community. I am happy to have an opportunity to stand behind the community.

Why do I love my DD choice? What has it done for my marriage?

This fall will mark one year my husband Jason and I began DD. Although we are not new to dominance and submission, I would say that DD has taken us to a new level.

The past year has not been perfect. Living this life is not easy. We've had to work out kinks (pun intended) and we've had to talk things through.

But at the end of the day, I love my DD choice.

Why?

I love being close to my husband. He makes my heart pound. Seeing how strong and confident he is makes me appreciate who he is -- my strong, masculine husband who balances his strength and gentleness with grace and integrity.

We laugh, we tease, we enjoy each other. There is peace and tranquility in my home. And there is passion. Eleven years and a bunch of kids later, and our love life has never been better. I long to be with him. We enjoy every minute together.

I love that he watches over me and protects me. I feel cared for and loved to the core of my being.



I love that there is peace in my home. I love that he leads us with quiet, steadfast confidence that doesn't waver.

I love that he helps me achieve high goals. He encourages me and supports me, and there have been times I've been taken in hand to help me overcome my weaknesses and insecurities. He does this because he loves me, and I love him for it.

I love that I don't struggle with stress or guilt anymore. The simple truth is that often a trip over my husband's knee removes my stress and alleviates my guilt.

I go to bed at night at peace, happily under the loving protection of my husband.

My husband says I've blossomed. He says he loves how I've become demure and feminine. 

He says he likes knowing I will not interfere with his leadership. He knows if he decides something is in our family's best interest I will not argue or question him because I trust him completely.

The DD life is not always easy. 

It is sometimes challenging for him to lead. It takes courage, strength, and dedication. 

It is not always easy for me follow. It takes strength and humility to trust myself to him. It is challenging to humble oneself to another's authority. At times I am vulnerable and needy.

But I would have it no other way. 

I love my husband. I love where our choices have brought us. 

And I love my DD choice.






3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful JG! So eloquently written and clearly expressed.
    # MrBBSpanker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, JG. As usual, I have chills from your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. We don't practice DD, but do maintenance weekly to reduce my stress level and it has changed both our of lives. I support everyone and am very thankful for this community.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.

Dissenting comments are welcome but please, be polite. Any rude or slanderous comments will not be published.