Monday, February 23, 2015

The Power of a Role Affirmation Spanking



Revisiting an oldie. 
*******


Some days, I just need to be reminded of who's in charge. 

Some days, I just want a little motivation to do what I need to do.

A few days ago was one of those days.

He was sitting on the edge of the bed with the paddle next to him.

"Come here," he said. "Put yourself over my lap."

I lowered my pants and lay quietly over his lap.

He picked up the paddle.

"I think a good spanking will get you started on the right foot today," he said quietly.

I nodded into the bedspread. I didn't disagree. I knew I needed it.

Swat! He spanked me with the paddle.

"I want you to watch your speed when you're driving today," he said.

Swat!

"No texting in the car, or doing anything that could get someone hurt."


Swat!

He continued, firm but not terrible swats, stinging and serious, but nothing like a punishment.

"Remember to get to the gym, and get all your other goals taken care of."

Swat!

"Make sure you watch your language in front of the kids," he continued.

Swat!

"You will not sass me, or speak disrespectfully to me in any way." 

Swat! 

As he continued, I felt my certainty returning. He is my rock, and my rock is steady. 

"What will happen if you break one of these rules today?" he asked, his voice becoming sterner.


Swat, swat, swat!

This is so hard for me to answer. 


"I get a spanking," I croaked out. 

"Yes, you absolutely will. When I come home today, I want a good report. Is that understood?"

Swat! Swat! Swat!

"Yes, sir."


"I don't want to have to come home and give you a punishment spanking because you broke a rule. Do you understand me?"

Swat! Swat! Swat!

"I won't! I'll be good!"


He put the paddle down and began to rub.




"That's my good girl," he murmured. "All done now. I know you will do what you need to do." He lifted me up. He hugged me, and kissed me. 

And I felt immense relief. It was a bit intimidating. He can be very stern, and having my rules repeated to me was sobering. 

But it was so, so encouraging. So reassuring. And that is the power of a role affirmation spanking. It isn't humbling, like a punishment. But it's so much more than a sexy spanking.

It says "I'm in control, and you don't have to be." 

It says, "You can trust me." 

It says, "I love you."




21 comments:

  1. that's what I want for my own marriage :p but I don't think we're quite there yet lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes time. Although I've had many role affirmation spankings, I've never had one so thorough!

      Delete
  2. This was great, really when I read your blog sometimes I feel like you write the exact thoughts/feelings/desires I have inside my head...sometimes it is really hard to read & others it is such a relief!
    Thank you again for sharing,
    SHM ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is great I am right there with u.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. Nice to "see" you here. Love your blog!

      Delete
  5. These moments can be embarrassing, but the great thing is, is how much love they have for us to do this. :) I am glad that you had a good connection time this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the beauty of it -- that they do it because they love us!

      Delete
  6. This is awesome JG... I just love reading about the two of you!!!

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet thing to say, Bekah. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Its wonderful though that he will do that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I wish... Lovely post! Lucky girl:) Now can you write a role affirmation for "vanilla's" post and get them to understand how or why we would want such a thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... in fact, I'll make that my next post.

      Delete
    2. Awesome:) I linked a post you wrote on my last post. Gave example of a disagreement with and without DD. I sent it to Jordan and think it was easy for him to understand. It was a great little post. Thank you:)

      Delete
    3. Well, I attempted to post on this topic, but as usual, what I intend to write and what I actually write become two different things! I'll see if I can come up with more on "role affirmation" later this week. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.

Dissenting comments are welcome but please, be polite. Any rude or slanderous comments will not be published.