Tuesday, October 29, 2013

When He Comes Home

I have so many things to share, so much to write. I have half a dozen drafts of posts, and notes here and there, my mind swirling with things to write. It's how I think, how I process, how I understand, by writing. So, stay tuned. More to come. ;) 

Today, I want to write about what I experienced yesterday. It's pretty much what I experience every Monday. 

I am grateful Jason has a fairly traditional 9-5 job. Weekends are ours, and I love that they are. We are busy people. We have a house teeming with people, day and night. We have to work hard at being alone, and having our down  time, but we always manage to connect on the weekends. I get spanked (woohoo!), we watch tv together, and I revel in the little things like taking a car ride, or Sunday morning brunch, or going on a date. 

But then Monday morning comes around. I get spanked every single Monday morning. Jason makes it a priority. He is going back to work, and I have to say good-bye to him. The responsibility is all mine again -- the kids, the house, the weight of the work I'm doing, managing it all. So every single Monday morning, that man o' mine pulls me over his lap and gives me a good, hard spanking and goes over my rules. I need it. It helps so much for me to stay focused during the day. 

Those of us who crave being spanked know the feeling of when we sit, or stand, and we feel those twinges, that physical reminder of having been taken in hand...how it feels. The residual pain of a role affirmation spanking brings me solace. It takes me back to being over his lap, where I am vulnerable but safe. Back to where I am all his, and deeply loved. 

I got a sound paddling yesterday morning -- just exactly what I needed -- and throughout the day I would periodically reflect on being taken over his knee. It made me smile to myself. As I went about the tasks at hand, I would wonder how he was doing, who he was with, and as I busied myself with what I need to do, the pain of missing him became just a steady, but distant ache. 

I washed the laundry, and cleaned my house, and cooked dinner. I read to my children, and fed them, and played games with them. I took them outside and enjoyed the beautiful fall day. But always, ever present at the back of my mind, is my husband. His warm smile. The silly, funny things he does that make me laugh. How I feel when he takes my hand. That quiet, steady voice that chides me and says, "Be a good girl" before he leaves for the day. 

I am a busy person, and so is he, but the reality is, I am not myself until I am back with him. It's like...I do what I need to do, but I'm holding back. I put on my game face. But it's just not...right...until he's home again. 

I send him messages throughout the day. He wants me to. I'm supposed to check in with him and let him know how things are going, and I love that he wants this from me. Yesterday, I was in a silly mood, so I sent him a few teasing messages and his responses had me laughing out loud and smiling to myself. We sparred back and forth. When I see his name in my inbox, my heart races a bit faster. When I hear the phone ring and see his number, I put everything else down and answer. I love hearing his voice. It makes me happy. 

So finally, the day draws to an end. The house is tidied, the kids are situated, dinner is simmering on the stove. I glance at the clock and find myself counting down the minutes until he's home. The second I see him, I smile. I love to watch him. 

Sometimes I sit next to him while he reads, and I try to read myself, but really, I'm just admiring him. I try to do it discreetly, but sometimes I just can't help myself and I have to reach out and touch him. I run my finger down his jaw, outlining the scruff of his beard. I reach out and touch his strong, powerful hands. And yes, sometimes my heart skips a beat when my eyes come to rest on the belt around his waist. And when he turns to me and smiles, his blue eyes crinkling at me, and his hand reaches out and draws me close to him, I smile.

So yesterday, he came home. And I was dying to connect with him. He asked me how my day was and I told him, and we chatted. I said, "So, you don't want to know about my rules?" and he said, with that stern voice, "Do you have something you need to tell me?" My heartbeat spiked and I shook my head. "No, no, I've been an angel today!" He smiled and said, "That's my good girl." 

We had a few minutes together, but he had to work. I knew he did. So I knew he wanted to have some down time before he worked, and I gave him his space. 

What I wanted to do was run to him. I wanted to kneel by him, and have him put his arms around me. And I did, a bit, but not as much as I wanted to. I wanted him to have his down time and not have to fuss about little ol' me. I sat by him, but didn't touch him, wanting him to recharge and get what he needed. I wanted him so badly. But I waited. 

Finally, he put his book down. He smiled at me and said, "I love you, baby girl. Put the kids to bed, then I want you back here with me." 

So I did. But I was exhausted. So I took my blanket and sat next to him on the couch, and napped while he worked. When he was done, he wanted to watch a tv show, so I followed him to the family room, put my head on his lap, and slept that way. It felt so nice. We didn't talk. I was so tired. But he would stroke my hair, and rub my back, and I just lay there, utterly content until he woke me and said quietly, "Time for bed, baby girl." 

I followed him to bed, and tucked in by his side as I do every night...content to be at his side, where I belong.

12 comments:

  1. Ah! I loved this. It is so much like SM and me. I text him and he texts back. I get to longing for him so bad I can hardly stand it. Often, I am exhausted when he wants to watch tv so I nap on his leg and he rubs and scratches my back too! It's like you wrote parts of this about us. I am so glad I found your blog. It is one of my favorites now by far.

    many hugs
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, there is really nothing better than that connection when he comes home...it makes me feel so special to him. I'm so glad you can relate and thanks for reading!

      JGirl

      Delete
  2. I can definetly relate.. My husband and I have become so close since starting TTWD that we can't stand to be apart. Some days I really struggle. Most days I miss him so much my heart aches and I can't function because every thought is of him.. Yes I'm a sap! But I adore him and the only place I want to be is with him.great posts by the way! You are an awesome writer and I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so difficult when you get to that point of hardly able to function because you are so consumed with thoughts of him. I get that, too! I try to focus my mind on the fact that doing what I need to is a tangible way of showing him I love him, and that makes the time go by quicker. And thank you!

      JGirl

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing that. I really admire what you the two of you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I can definitely relate to counting down the minutes until he gets home, being excited when I see him calling me or an email from him, and just enjoying his presence. Just being in the same room together makes me happy. When he is home, I constantly want to know where he is even if it's just the bathroom.
    I think when we don't have them is sometimes when we want them the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I relate to that for sure...that craving to have him back. It is hard when what you need most is to be with him, but he's not there. But so much nicer when he is. :)

      Jgirl

      Delete
  5. This is so sweet! Ttwd does bring you so much closer as a couple. I can relate to how you feel. Rog calls me and texts me a few times during the day. After dinner and the kids are settled for the night we always spend time together. He usually is rubbing me while he reads and I fall asleep.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does bring you so much closer. There are challenges but it's so worth it!

      Jgirl

      Delete
  6. This was a wonderful post, you really have a way of making your readers feel what you felt as we read! I can totally relate to counting the minutes until you see him again...my husband's commute is only minutes at the end of his day but I get so anxious once the clock shows his ending time & I stay anxious until he walks in. On the days he needs to run errands I always feel the anxiety really peak, sometimes he takes me & the kids with him just so that we have some extra time together in the car because he knows how much I miss him...I always hated it when he was gone but with TTWD it's really intensified that feeling...I love that we are so much closer now, one look or touch from him is so much more powerful now than ever before, it's such a relief to have him next to me ; ). Thanks again for the great post!
    SHM ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, SHM! I'm so glad you can relate. It is a wonderful side effect of this lifestyle. :)

    JGirl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.

Dissenting comments are welcome but please, be polite. Any rude or slanderous comments will not be published.