Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The DD Community. Come on in, the Water's Fine!

When Jason and I first began this dynamic, I looked around a bit online, and imagine my surprise to find that there was a community of people just like us. 

I learned a lot. I'm still learning.

The different dynamics ranged from mild, "taken in hand," traditional relationships, to more formal Domestic Discipline arrangements, to heavier bdsm. Some scared me. Some surprised me. But as I grew to get to know more people in the community -- in the forums, in blogland, in chat rooms -- I've come to make some amazing friends. 

There are many many forums here online with different "flavors." There is Fetlife, The Experience Project, various Yahoo groups, CDD groups, Learning Domestic Discipline. But the one group I've found that is mostly closely aligned to how Jason and I practice DS is the Discipline and Love Message Board. If want to meet some people just like you, come on over. I'd love to "see" you there. 

I've also, for the first time in my thirty-five years of life, discovered chat rooms. I've always been scared of chat rooms. It made me feel vulnerable! But one day, I stepped into the chat room over at D & L, and I also stepped into the chat room over at A Domestic Discipline Society. And here, I met some friends. I don't have a lot of time to chat these days, but I will always be grateful to the friends I met in the community. 

Maybe you're looking for someone to talk to. Maybe you have questions or concerns. Maybe you just want to know you're not alone. Take the plunge. Reach out. Join a forum. Pop into a chat room. Send the owner of the blog's you read an e-mail. It's hard taking those first steps, but many of you will find, as I have, how very nice it is to make new friends. 

So I wanted to take a minute to give a big shout out to those of you in the DD Community. 

Thank you

13 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I recently wrote a post encouraging readers to contact me after one of my posts reached almost 4000 readers. I now have five new friends and a "research assistant".
    Great post
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, I love that. And what a great idea!

      Delete
  2. JGirl,

    Those other forums, like ADDS and Disciplined and Loved are both useful. I'm still learning about Disciplined and Loved - I saw your response to my post not long ago so thanks! I'll have to see what it can offer more here in the future.

    The ADDS site chat room I've used many times. I've met a number of people on there that I wouldn't have strictly through the blogs and in some ways it's more personal.

    I'm glad you're bringing these sites into greater blog-land awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NIce to see you over at D & L. I popped into chat last night, and it was fun. I do hope we see more of our blogging friends there. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this post, I know it's not just for me lol but I feel like it is ; ) I have always been afraid of chat rooms also but I will check out the places you have suggested, I trust your judgement!
    Thanks again!
    Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it's just for you, Scarlet! :P You made me smile. I do hope to "see" you there. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the recommendations. Is the Discipline and Love Forum strictly d/s or a wider variety as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyyy chat friends. better than most ladies nights I've been too. kinda can't help but selfishly hope a VIP reads this someday and decides to come and play. :-P
    thanks for the post sweets
    muah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing, I'll have to look into those soon when I finally have some me time. :) I think I'd like chatting. :) And I'm really glad to have met you as one of my friends online.

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
  7. JG I am so glad I met you in chat. I too was terrified of chat, heck I didn't even know what a blog was. I have learned so much from the friends I have met in the ADDS chat, and some now are truly my "real" life friends as well. ADDS and the people Lee & I have met there have helped us in so many ways. I am so glad I took that leap and typed Hi.
    honey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey JG I think it is great that there are so many options available and each person should definitely find what fits them best. I tried many of the ones you listed and I like it best here in blogland myself. I love that we can all be so supportive of each other though.

    sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your bloh last night and love it. We are very new to Dd and the community. My husband actually read Jason's posts. He was impressed and said it gave him lots to think on. I loo forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogger won't let me post more than one comment at a time and it's driving me nuts, so I will have to respond to everyone in one post.

    Leah, D&L has a large variety of posters, from all different walks of life. Some are D/S, some various dynamics of DD, many experienced in the lifestyle.

    CZ, wouldn't that be wild!

    Honey, I completely agree! ((hugs))

    Sara, there's a place for everyone. While I would've loved to see you in the other places I mentioned as well, I completely understand if blogland is more comfortable for you.

    Kris, thank you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.

Dissenting comments are welcome but please, be polite. Any rude or slanderous comments will not be published.