Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sabbatical

Dear readers, 

It's time for me to take a break. You know how I knew it was time for me to take a break? I woke up this morning, and I thought, "I need to take a sabbatical from blogging." And Jason woke up and said to me, "I want you to take a sabbatical from blogging." Funny, huh?

Before I leave, I wanted to tell you a few things. First, the reason for the sabbatical is not because anything is wrong with me and Jason. We are fine. In fact, things have never been better. 

Second, the reason for the sabbatical has nothing to do with any of you. I love your sweet e-mails, your comments on the blog, and I am grateful for your friendships. 

The simple reason is, what I put on this blog is real. This is us. This is who we are. And laying it all out there leaves us exposed. And sometimes, that's a hard place to be in.

Ernest Hemingway once said it is easy to write. Simply sit down at the typewriter, slit your wrists, and bleed. I am a writer. But I never really knew what that meant until I began blogging what was on my mind and in my heart. 

Jason's idea of me taking a break is a bit more intense than what I had in mind. There will be no e-mailing, chats, forums, reading other blogs, or writing here. But I'm doing what he says and I'm honestly looking forward to a bit of time to re-group. 

I will be back. Not sure when, but I will. I'm following his lead. Thanks to all of you for your support. It's meant more to me than you'll know. 

Be safe, be happy, and be good. ;)

18 comments:

  1. Hi J G, you will be missed,I love reading your blog. Good luck , hope to see you soon
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey JGirl

    The DD community (blogging, chat, forum) will definitely miss you and Jason's thoughts and ideas.

    However, sometimes we all need a break. Sometimes life forces us to take a break. I understand both of your feelings on this. Plus, we all know you're a good girl and will follow Jason's lead wherever that goes ;-)

    But we will look forward to your return, and hopefully, if you drop a lot of subtle hints, that won't be in the distant future. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JG,
    I will miss you and understand completely the need to take a break from blogging. I look forward to your return for you will have stories to tell I am sure.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JG,
    Your writings are great and I’ll miss that a lot. But I can also understand that you need a break and hope it all turns out the way you want it to. Whatever you do, all that counts is that you can keep happiness in your lives. And, I have the secret hope that you’ll be back for new blog entries sooner or later, too. I wish you all the best. Take care :)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand, I feel sad because I feel like I just started getting to know you & now I have lost you (for awhile anyway), but I hope the break is one that helps you to come back recharged when Jason decides it's time.
    Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you both have it figured out and when the time is right, you'll both know that too. Until then, happy thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will miss you for sure. Your words have been uplifting and a great source of thought provoking moments. Wishing you the best, and great job at following your husband's lead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many people have learned so much from your blogging and commenting that you'll surely be missed. I hope you enjoy your time spent away to the fullest and that you come back recharged and having learned something new. Lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For some reason, it keeps messing up my comment to this post, so if you get like, 5, please forgive me! :)

    I am really going to miss you, I feel like I was just getting to know you through our emails and your blog. You really helped me find myself in a time that I was really confused a few months ago. I can't thank you enough for that. I know you aren't going to be gone a long while, or I hope not, but I will miss you during the time you are away. Thank you for everything you have done for me.

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I don't comment much and I don't even know that you will see this, but I hope you do. Your blog has come to be one of my favorites! I feel like I relate so much to just about everything you share. Although I respect your decision and you following his lead, I really hope you return soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will be missed! Thanks for sharing everything you have.
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand completely, JGirl. I will miss you, too, but have every confidence in you and Jason that you are doing what's best for both of you.

    That being said, take as much time as you need, but I hope you're not gone for too long! You're an integral part of this community, and we support you :)

    Love,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  13. i totally understand where you're coming from, JG. hope to "hear" from you again soon :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really going to miss your blog and forum posts! They have been soooo helpful! Please don't close this blog or set it to invited readers. The information is something we come back to time and time again! Enjoy your sabbatical!
    AndysTIH

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry u are leaving have a good rest and hopefully come back refreshed Good Luck and try and behave you hve been a real inspiration
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. You will be missed! Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well that will give me time to catch up. I've rejoined the land of DD after an unintentional break! I look forward to your coming back as your blog always has something that is insightful and helps me in one way or another. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for all the comments and support! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.

Dissenting comments are welcome but please, be polite. Any rude or slanderous comments will not be published.