Monday, July 6, 2015

July Challenge: Cultivating Submission

Good morning! It's a lovely day here and I'm excited to bring to you some ideas I have for the month of July. I've been thinking about this for a while now (don't I always say that? ha!) and I've decided for the month of July, I'd like to take a two-step approach to blogging. 

First, I would like to offer a series of posts on Cultivating Submission. Frequently, when others ask me how it is they can achieve the level of D/S that Jason and I have, I find myself offering the same advice. Although I enjoy the personal interaction (do continue to write! I'm happy to correspond!), I thought, doesn't it make sense to compile some ideas of what has worked for us, some tried-and-true methods, and share it here, for those who may wish to read something like this? Secondly, I'd like to post a challenge after each post for those who may be interested. 

I'm aware that many of my readers are Taken in Hand folks, who may or may not consider themselves submissive. Many like to embrace a DD dynamic but do not desire submission. However, I tend to garner readers who may find that DD has awakened in them a desire to be submissive. My goal here is to simply encourage those of you who do desire submission to kick it up a notch. I'm going to challenge myself, too, as there is always room to grow. 

The posts I have planned are as follows: 

Post one: Cultivating a Submissive Spirit. Here, I will focus on little ways we can grow in humility, let go of control, and submit ourselves more fully. 

Post two: Bedroom Submission. Here we will get to the nitty gritty and discuss the good stuff: sex, and how it can enhance your dynamic. 

Post three: Build him up. Here I will focus on different ways you can build up your guy, encourage his leadership, and essentially help him grow into his role. You have in your power the ability to make him feel ten feet tall, and when you do, you'll be glad you did. 

Post four: Trust: the heart of the power exchange. Here I will discuss ways you can enhance the bedrock of trust in your relationship. 

Note that not a single post here focuses on spanking, what he needs to do, or anything of the sort. This is all about what we can do, regardless of where we are in our dynamics, regardless of the level we have achieved, regardless of whatever frustration we are facing. We are the only ones we have control over. We cannot make our husbands dom us, nor should we really want to. It is so very tempting to push our desires. We are so convinced that this is good, and will make things so perfect, if only they will see what we need! But true submission lets go of control. True submission doesn't seek to commandeer the ship. 

Let's let go of that desire, then. Let's stop focusing on what we can't control, and focus on what we can. 

Are you ready to kick it up a notch? Post one will go live tomorrow morning.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read what you have planned for the rest of your post, love the fact that we need to focus on us and not their dominance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angel! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Hello J Girl

    I tried to E-mail you but it is not working. Anyway, I am looking for a penpal to share my DD experiences with. You seem to be very knowledgeable and experienced. I would like to share ideas, solutions to problems, and get advice. I think it would be tremendously helpful to get things from a woman's perspective.
    I'm not a perviert or nutcase or anything like that. My wife and I have been practicing DD for about 3 years now. I have two daughters.

    If you are not interested do you know somebody who is?

    I look forward to hearing from you. My e-mail is raybird8657@aol.com

    Thanks
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Ray. I'm not allowed to correspond with other men privately. If you look to the right of my blog, there are other blogs linked. Perhaps you can find someone who would like to correspond. Best, JG

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.

Dissenting comments are welcome but please, be polite. Any rude or slanderous comments will not be published.