Sunday, November 6, 2016

Hello! Easing back into blogging

Dear Readers, 

I am smiling as I write this post. I have spent a few hours today writing back to all of you -- your emails and the comments you have written on my posts. It has left me eager to return to blogging, and so thankful to have the support of all of you! (If you wrote to me and I haven't replied, please do write again, because I didn't get your message.) 

I don't have much time left for blogging this evening, but I know what I'm going to write about in my next post. Every once in a while a bunch of you write to me about the same thing at once, and it's a good indication that the topic might be good for a blog post. Recently, a bunch of you asked me about anger from the dominant's point of view. Jason and I discussed this, and both he and I have a few things to say about that topic. I'm also going to share with you how Jason and I argue. Yes...argue. Things aren't perfect over here, and we have our disagreements from time to time. We don't fight anymore. If I ever threw the plate at him I threw in our kitchen as a newlywed, y'all know exactly where that would land me! Ha! But we do have disagreements, and I'm going to share with you how we handle those. 

Our vacation together was fabulous. My sister and I have this deal, where we swap kids every once in a while. Jason and I will watch her kids for a few days, and then she and her husband will watch mine. It's not exactly fair because I have a lot more kids than she does, but she doesn't complain! I try not to ask her too often. :) So, it was our turn. For the first time, we vacationed by actually taking a plan ride to spend a few days with my family and it was wonderful. We had days and days alone together. When we met up with my brother for dinner, he said, "So what have you two been up to while you were traveling?" I had to stifle a laugh. Ha! Two introverts who are madly in love with one another, alone in a swanky hotel room sans kids. What do you think we did? We watched a ton of tv, that's what we did (actually, that thing never even got turned on). Ahem. I'll be a good girl and say a good time was had by all. If you want the nitty gritty sexy details, go read my books. ::winks:: 

So yes, Jason and I had a fabulous time. We lapped up every minute. He went back to work this week, and came home one night, more eager for our nightly check-in than I was. He couldn't stop hugging me and telling me he missed me. "It's hard being apart again after we spent those days totally with each other, wasn't it?" I said. He hugged me tight and told me that yes, that was exactly what he was struggling with. But the vacation was worth it! 

I wanted to say a brief word to those of you who have written to me. Many have said they regret being a "lurker" and will comment on my posts going forward. Please, if you feel more comfortable lurking, understand that I am perfectly fine with that. For a while, it has been a bit challenging continuing to write to a nearly-silent audience. But I don't partake in the blogging community, and the consequence of that is that I'm a bit on the outskirts. I try to be supportive, but don't invest a lot of time in other blogs (they make me oddly uncomfortable -- maybe too close to home? And I have such little time to read them now that I am invested in writing). Many of you read here and prefer to be quiet, and that's okay. Of course, I am always grateful when you do comment on a post, but certainly there is no expectation on my part that you do so. 

This has been a nice weekend here at our house. I am finally over a yucky cold I caught while traveling. I did some clothes shopping alone with my youngest, who is an adorable little kindergartner. We had a blast. I had nervous frenetic energy as the pieces fell into place for two upcoming releases -- a dark western historical coming Thanksgiving weeknd, and the fourth Boston Doms book (Slay and Alice's story --- it's a hot one) coming the following weekend. I ran through my room, cleaning the walls, and hopped on my bed to dust off the light fixture, while Jason watched from his desk chair and his eyes got real big and he shouted at me to get on down from that bed and leave the damn light alone or I was in trouble. Ha! Poor guy. I reluctantly obeyed, and he made my maintenance especially owie, because he said I was heading for trouble and he wanted to make sure I didn't go that route. Well. I don't know what he's talking about as I'm an angel. ;) 


It is time for me to begin dinner. THANK YOU to all of you for your support and encouragement, whether it was an email or a comment or a prayer or well wishes and happy vibes. It means a lot to me. I will blog again very soon. Until then, happy spanking. ;) 



With love,
Jane/ Jason's Girl

23 comments:

  1. You sound so refreshed after your vacation! It sounds amazing. What a good idea to kid swap with your sister!!

    I find it interesting that you and Jason are both introverts. My husband and I are too, and I haven't encountered many other couples who are both introverted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Molly! Thank you. It was indeed an amazing trip. :)

      I've met quite a few couples in the D/s community that both identify as introverts. I wonder if it's common? I don't know!

      Delete
  2. haha, I put my comment on this on your last post, tech glitch...anyhoo, welcome back, sweety! so good to read your encouraging words as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey JG...I'm one of the lurkers that very rarely comments on your blog but just had to delurk to say welcome back, you have definitely been missed. Looking forward to your book releases.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, thanks for writing! It is nice to hear from you! Hugs and blessings back! <3

      Delete
  4. Welcome home Jane, you were sorely missed!! (no pun intended}

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. I squealed when I saw your blog was back tonight! So happy you had a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, welcome back! I am very glad you had a lovely holiday. Just you wait till you are like us, kids flown the coop and retired. Think how much fun you can have then :)
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I fully intend on making full use of the empty nest, if we ever get there! :D Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Hi JGirl! So great that you are back in blogland :)! Good for you! that would be our dream vacation, too.
    Your kind forward-looking husband ;)...
    Hugs,bibi
    Your love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is indeed a dream-vacation, to spend time alone with my very favorite person! Relaxing and such a gift. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Yah! So glad you had a wonderful time and you are feeling close, connected, understood, hot, sexy and in love with your man. We look forward to your next blog and appreciate you sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I hope you are doing well, too ((hugs)).

      Delete
  9. So happy to find that you are back and had a great time! I am looking forward to reading more and learning more. Wish there was some class we could take as a couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Deena, it is a tricky thing indeed. I'm glad we at least have each other to lean on!

      Delete
  10. Welcome back! Glad you had a wonderful trip :) Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a great time and are back refreshed!!
    And thank you for adding my blog to your page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you are very welcome!

      Delete
  12. Glad you're back to blogging. As I said in my email, yours is definitely my favorite dd blog and the only one I take time to read regularly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you.

Dissenting comments are welcome but please, be polite. Any rude or slanderous comments will not be published.